Saturday, 8 September 2007

The reason I'm here


This still life wasn't quite
what I was aiming for but
it still has something going for it!






Tech Info: F16 1/8th sec Iso 400
The reason for this blog is not to publish my mundane little life but to act as a visual diary for my tech pro photography course.
The theme I have chosen is "My life- little things which shape my world"
The first picture I've taken is as a thanks to a university friend Lindsay, the first person I knew who was seriously into photography.
He took a photograph of apples being washed in a sink. The light source was a small window in front of the sink and I remember looking at that picture and thinking "Wow"
Sadly I haven't managed to recapture that picture but here is my interpretation.
I paid a lot of attention to my histogram with this and am very pleased with the result. It wasn't a perfect histogram but the shape was definitely there!

2 comments:

Bernie said...

love this shot Hilary - has real olde worlde atmostphere about it...lovely light on the apples.
Bernie X

Lisa said...

Great shot, really love it.